Lawicke Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Lawicke! The latest announcements are below.
Welcome to the Grand Opening! Join the topic over at Brooke Station and begin your journey!

Study Time [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Badger

Badger

Credits : 8028

Study Time [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Study Time [Open]   Study Time [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 9:15 pm

Alex sat near the back of the library, a dozen books piled around her as she flipped though the one she held in her hands. Almost all of them was about Pokemon. How to care for them, how to spot sickness...A few of them just about Eevees. There was so much information on Eeevee, many studying them to figure out why they evolve like they do. There was a few Pokemon that could evolve into different things but none as many as Eevee. Speaking of which...She glanced over her book to see Cato sitting on the table, his ears perked as she scanned the library, looking to be on alert. Alex couldn't blieve how protective Cato seemed to be of he but it was something she had to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Credits : 8017

Study Time [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Time [Open]   Study Time [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 7:50 am

Opening the library door, Casey and her Totodile, Todo walked into the overly quiet room. Being relatively new the school, the girl wanted to get accustomed to the grounds and after some time of exploring, found herself at the library. Beside her waddled her favorite little alligator friend, looking around with wide eyes. Apparently he'd never seen so many books before.

Starting to scan the bookshelves for nothing in particular, Casey failed to notice Todo wandering away towards another student and her eevee. Running her finger a long the shelve, she somewhat zoned out, thinking about nothing for a few moments. Unfortunately, the peaceful moment didn't last forever and upon hearing a yip from her Pokemon, she snapped her head around.

"Todo?" the girl called, looking around the area, failing to find the little Totodile. Walking around a bookshelf, Casey let out a sigh of relief upon spotting him, although he looked a little put off while staring up to an Eevee who didn't look very happy to see him either. Walking over to the two Pokemon, she picked up Totodile and cradled him in her arms.

Letting out a hiss and showing his pearly white teeth, Todo didn't let his gaze leave the Eevee as the human picked him up.

"What in the world is up with you today?" the girl asked, looking to the girl who seemed to be studying hard, but probably not after this little occurrence. "Sorry about that, I don't know what got into him," Casey commented with an embarrassed smile.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Study Time [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Time [Open]   Study Time [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 12:10 pm

Cato growled the moment he saw the Totodile, causing Alex to jump in surprise. She lost the grip on her book, causing it to slam on the table slightly but Cato didn't even seem to notice as the fur around his neck fluffed out even more as he stared at the unwelcome Pokemon. It was a low growl as his tail lashed but when the girl arrived, it grew higher in octave causing Alex to dart forward and grab Cato, quickly pulling him over to her before he got out of hand. "Cato no!" she whined softly as she quickly started to pet him in an effort to calm him down, staring at the girl and her Pokemon. "I-Its fine!" she squeaked with a small smile, feeling Cato start to loosen up in her grip. "Cato is a bit...Defensive. He doesn't like anybody...Well...Other then me."
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Study Time [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Time [Open]   Study Time [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:24 am

Unlike the Pokemon known as Cato, Todo seemed much to be much more easier to relax and within a few moments, the little blue 'gator happily snapped it's jaws together, relaxing in her arms. At least she didn't have to worry about him jumping out of her grasp to attack the little Eevee. Letting out a soft sigh of relief, Casey knew that Pokemon could be defensive with their new owners, so she decided to give the girl a little grace. "I get that, I mean, they're still getting used to us. I read something once that said that Pokemon are like ducklings in how they grow attached to their first owner. Fun, right?" she chuckled, setting Todo down on the ground.

Last edited by Ice on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Study Time [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Time [Open]   Study Time [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 8:05 pm

Alex smiled softly, feeling very relieved with how cheery this person was. Talking to a person with such life in them always made her feel better. "I suppose," she said as she gently stroked Cato's little mane of fur. While the Eevee tried to act indifferent to her petting, keeping his gaze focused on the girl and her Totodile, Alex could feel the gentle rumbling of a purr deep inside which made her smile wider. "I adore Cato but I just hope that he will get use to other people and calm down...I always fear he is going to start a fight." She shook her head with a sigh before she blinked, her eyes widening as she looked at the girl. "Oh! Oh, we haven't told each other our names! My name is Alex."
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Study Time [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Time [Open]   Study Time [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 1:11 pm

Well, it was good that she was able to recognize when her Pokemon acted out, unlike some of the more clueless trainers. "Nice to meet you, I'm Casey," the brunette said with a smile and looked down to Todo who was now waddling over to a beanbag chair, having the curiosity of a young child's. He was definitely a cute little thing. Turning her gaze back up to the girl. Pokemon, they were definitely something else, that was for sure.

"So, you must have your hands full with that Eevee," she said with a slight chuckle, adjusting her red and white cap as she observed the stack of Pokemon care and Eevee books on the table. Someone was a bookworm.

Last edited by Ice on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Study Time [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Time [Open]   Study Time [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 3:34 pm

Casey...It was a nice name as Alex smiled softly back at her. She felt relieved that she was already making a friend as she was always fearful of the idea that she would never make one after what happened those years ago...For a second, her smile faded but she quickly shook her head to escape those memories as she blinked in surprise at Casey's words. Then she noticed that the girl was eyeing her stack of books. "Oh!" she laughed lightly as she paused in stoking Cato to close the book that she had been reading before Casey had walked up. "He is a bit of a handful at times but he tends to behave himself when its just the two of us...But Eevees are just an interesting species with all of their evolution! I want to make sure I am taking care of him the best way that you should..."
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Study Time [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Time [Open]   Study Time [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 11:27 pm

Eevees, they were definitely interesting, but then again, wern't all Pokemon? Just the fact that they were animals with powers, evolutions, and personalities boggled her mind. Looking from the girl to Todo, Casey gave a silly smile as the little creature look up to her and gave a happy growl. Turning back around to the squishy chair, the Pokemon jumped onto it, landing on it without a sound. Sitting down, it snuggled up near the center of the beanbag and closed its eyes, apparently wanting to rest.

"That's nice, I wish I had the motivation to read," she commented lightheartedly, not ever being very big on reading.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Study Time [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Time [Open]   Study Time [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 11:48 pm

Cato wiggled free from Alex's grasp and hoped onto the book that she had just closed, glaring at Casey with ruffled fur but other then a low growl, made no other noise as he sat down and stared at her with narrowed brown eyes. Alex glanced at her Eevee worriedly, hoping that he wouldn't ruin the book by sitting on it but luckily it was a hard cover and she did a good job at making sure he had clean paws. She glanced back at Casey as she folded her now free hands onto her lap, giving her a soft smile. "Reading isn't hard for me, its was the only thing that I could back home as I...I didn't have much friends." A faint pained smile flashed on her face. "I do want to learn how to be a Pokemon Nurse as I like helping Pokemon..."

She paused as she glanced up at Casey. "What about you? Do you have any idea for a career or are you planning to be a Pokemon Trainer?" Alex had always thought the idea of being a Pokemon Trainer - and even a Coordinator - was very interesting. She had seen famous Trainers and Coordinators in her time living in both Sootopolis and Lilycove and was envious of how popular they were but she knew she would never be happy with that life. She had learned the price of being adventurous and wanted a simple, safe life. A life that being a nurse would give her.
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Study Time [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Time [Open]   Study Time [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 11:16 am

Watching as the Eevee sat down on a book and looked up to her, Casey simple gave a smile and looked back to the girl. Ah, so she was a bookworm, that made sense. She herself had never been one to enjoy the company of inanimate objects and their stories, and she was more on an outdoorsy person. Living with her family back home in Snowbelle, she'd loved the chilly weather, ice Pokemon, life had been... perfect. But now she was here, a strange place with strange people, nothing would be normal anymore.

Lost in thought for a few moments, the brunette was snapped out of her trance when Alex asked her a question. What was a career path she was interested in? For her, that was an easy question to ask, seeing that she only had her sights on one thing. "Well, training is great and all, but I'll probably stick with breeding. My family specialized in breeding and I'd like to follow in their footsteps, or close to that," she replied with a smile, hoping her answer was decent. Casey had never really been interested in anything else and in the end, that was alright with her.

Last edited by Ice on Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Study Time [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Time [Open]   Study Time [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 12:23 pm

Alex's eyes glimmered as Casey gave her answer. It felt nice to know that not everybody here was planning to be a trainer - it had been a real fear of Alex's that she would be left out with her dreams of being a nurse instead of a trainer. Of course, it sounded like Casey didn't mind battling and what it meant to be a trainer while Alex knew she would prefer never having to sent Cato into a battle. "That sounds like a nice plan," she hummed after a few moments, leaning forward to stroke Cato's fur as the Eevee glanced at her. "I had thought about being a breeder but I prefer helping sick or hurt Pokemon...It feels so nice to help them get back to full health!"
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Study Time [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Time [Open]   Study Time [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 10:08 am

Casey nodded her head in agreement, rocking back on her heals. She'd always be one for helping Pokemon and such, but being a nurse... eh, it just wasn't her forte. "That's cool, at least we have ideas of what we want to do with out future," she replied with a smile, her hands on her hips as looked down to Todo who was shuffling around on the beanbag. "And I bet that he'll be great in battle, even now he's a pretty tough cookie," Casey giggled. For a tough cookie, he sure did look like an innocent little tyke while resting on the beanbag chair that partially engulfed him.

Last edited by Ice on Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Study Time [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Time [Open]   Study Time [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Alex happily nodded in agreement. It was nice that they both had an idea for the future and both career were so similar! Her gaze shifted to the Totodile as Casey spoke. He was rather adorable - and a water type to boot! Living in coastal cities for her whole life, Alex had always had a soft spot for water types. There was a thought of evolving Cato into a Vaporeron but she didn't want to evolve him into something he didn't want... "I am sure Cato wouldn't be all that bad in battle either...He does have a fighting spirit, that is for sure." There was a weak smile at that, rather sure that she would one day have to fight. She had heard horror stories of battles going bad - of Pokemon being gravely hurt...She wanted to be a nurse to help them but she couldn't image seeing Cato get badly hurt. The simple idea sent a shiver down her spine.
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Study Time [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Time [Open]   Study Time [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 9:44 am

"Haha, I bet you'll figure it out sooner or later," she replied with a smile. Pokemon battles were always entertaining to watch, although she'd never personally been in one. Maybe her and Todo would become decent batters some day. Wouldn't that be a change of lifestyles. Looking at her watch, her eyes widened when she remembered that she had to be somewhere soon. She would've much rather stayed chatting with her new acquaintance, but school was school, and she needed to fix her schedule, whether she wanted to or not.

"Well, I hate to leave so soon, but I have a meeting with my advisor in a few," Casey commented with a smile and took a step towards the big, fluffy beanbag chair. Leaning down, she scooped up Totodile into her arms and turned back to the girl. "It was nice meeting you, good luck with your Eevee," she added with a smile, holding the drowsy Pokemon in her arms like a baby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Study Time [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Time [Open]   Study Time [Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Study Time [Open]
Page 1 of 1